What Makes Cockroaches So Hard To Get Out Of Lake County Homes?
April 15, 2021 - Cockroaches
The reason proper pest control is so important is that invasive insects can be extremely difficult to get rid of once they move in. With cockroaches, which can contribute to gross messes and even health hazards, the seriousness of this is multiplied even further. That’s why early prevention and professional removal are your best bets for avoiding the serious problems that pests can introduce to your home.
Facts About Cockroaches
Cockroaches are directly tied to human civilization. For thousands of years, they’ve thrived on the food and shelter that human activity and waste provides for them. Over those years, they’ve learned and adapted to specifically survive elimination attempts by people. All of these are incredible facts about cockroaches that make them some of the hardiest pests around:
- Flattening: Cockroaches can flatten their bodies to survive being stepped on. This also allows them to fit through tiny cracks or gaps to access structures or containers.
- Breath-holding: Cockroaches can breathe through their joints and hold their breath for up to 40 minutes to survive long swims through sewage or other watery environments.
- Resistances: More than almost any other pest, cockroaches seem to quickly develop resistance to common pesticides, making store-bought products largely ineffective.
The Dangers They Pose
Not only are cockroaches survivors, but they are also health hazards. They can bring all of the following issues to your property:
- Damage: Cockroaches can chew through wall insulation, cause stains everywhere they crawl and even contaminate food packaging.
- Disease: From salmonella to plague, cockroaches are known for transmitting dangerous diseases.
- Allergies: With the dust and dander that they track all over their hairy and greasy bodies, cockroaches inside can worsen allergies for sensitive people. This can also cause worsened asthma or other respiratory issues.
- Odor: Cockroaches, with their nasty droppings and skin sheds, can create foul odors very quickly. These smells circulate even more thanks to their frequent nesting inside of vents and within walls.
Why Cockroach Control Is So Tough
Cockroaches are good at sticking to the shadows and keeping them out of sight, so you’re less likely to even see them than you are to notice the other signs of their activity. Even if you do manage to track them down, they may still be able to survive whatever you try to throw at them. Not to mention, killing the immediate cockroach populations is only part of the solution. You’ll also have to root out the eggs that will simply replenish the ones that you might have managed to get rid of. Since these are typically hidden in hard-to-reach areas of our properties, pest eggs are rarely something that non-experts are prepared to deal with. All of these realities compound to make cockroaches some of the trickiest pests to try and manage, which is why it’s important for property owners to turn directly to professionals at the first sign of cockroaches.
The Best Way To Protect: Professional Solutions
With pests that are so nasty and difficult to control, cockroaches aren’t a problem you should try to tackle all on your own. If they’re already around, only professional solutions are guaranteed to root them out and get rid of them. If cockroaches aren’t yet a concern, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Bertram Pest Solutions can help you with everything you need for preventing pest populations, from routine inspections and helpful tips to treatments that can ward off invasive insects. If they’re already a problem, we can act fast to remove them before they cause serious issues like property damage or health problems. Don’t waste time or money on products that won’t even work.
Don’t let cockroaches invade your Lake County, FL property, contact Bertram Pest Solutions today.