Are You Having A Hard Time Dealing With Roof Rats In The Villages?
January 15, 2023 - Rats
If you reside in The Villages, roof rats may decide to make your attic their home, which might present various issues for your household and property. Once inside your roof, these rats may cause havoc on your house by nibbling through wood, cables, and electrical cables.
Roof rats present significant health issues, and if you see signs of rats in your home, you should be concerned. In addition, because they reproduce rapidly, ignoring them can result in more serious issues.
Consider taking proactive rat control steps to deal with the infestation if you suspect roof rats are present in your home. Call The Villages pest control experts for effective roof rat treatment.
How To Tell If It's Roof Rats Around Your Home
Identifying an infestation early enough will allow you to address it before it gets out of hand. If you see one roof rat, there is a good chance you are housing an army of rats in your attic. Fortunately, identifying an infestation is not difficult. Here are common signs of rats in your house in The Villages:
- Droppings: A rat infestation can be diagnosed by the sight of rat droppings on baseboards, the attic, cabinets, garage, or cabinets. Droppings from roof rats are more spherical and compact than those from other rat species.
- Noises in the attic: Sounds rats make just after dusk result from the pests building nests on the roof. Furthermore, since they nest in the attic and obtain food and water from outside, they routinely enter and exit the attic during the night, resulting in noise.
- Presence of rats nests: Debris of nests could be observed in cabinets, attics, and other above-ground surfaces if you have an invasion. Rats will damage any available materials, including paper, loft insulation, and delicate things, to make nests.
- Greasy smudges: Roof rats' oily, dirty fur leaves smudges on surfaces.
- Gnaw marks: Gnaw marks on wiring, wood trim, household items, and other surfaces are indicators that roof rats are swarming your house. These rats are notorious for chewing on roofs and eaves of houses.
Roof rat infestations in The Villages may be difficult to spot because the pests are nocturnal and usually build their nests above ground. Keep a look out for signs of roof rats on your property and take measures to begin effective pest management as soon as possible.
The Damage Roof Rats Can Cause To Your Home
Roof rats can damage your home in addition to leaving unhygienic droppings and urine behind.
To access the attic, roof rats nibble holes in your soffit and eaves. Roof rats will chew on your furniture, electrical wires, wood beams, and pipes after they've entered your home. This might ignite a fire, endanger your life, and cost you thousands of dollars in structural damage to your residence.
Your food might get consumed by these irritating trespassers, making it unsuitable for human consumption.
More so, the degradation of insulation reduces its efficiency.
How To Make Your Property Less Inviting To Rodents
Making your home less appealing to roof rats is the best approach to keep them out. To accomplish this, do the following:
- Eliminate food and water sources: Rodents are most attracted to areas with food and water sources. Food must be securely stored in the fridge or airtight containers and should never be left out in the open.
- Declutter your home: Get rid of any clutter, including trash and heaps of soiled clothing. These are enticing hiding and nesting spots for rats.
- Place a roof cap on your chimney: The chimney provides a potential entrance for roof rats. To keep the pests out and let the smoke out, cover your chimney with a roof cap.
- Fix leaking pipes: Replace faulty fixtures or plumbing leaks to halt potential water sources.
To prevent costly damage, you must clear your home of roof rats immediately as they invade and breed in your home.
The Best Way To Get Roof Rats Off Your Property Forever
While there are several ways to get rid of rats, the safest and most efficient approach to get rid of roof rats in your house in The Villages is to call the professionals at Bertram Pest Solutions. You don't have to share your home with rats which can spread diseases and cause harm.
The professionals can assess the extent of the infestation and recommend the safest and most effective treatments.